Sorry I haven't posted for so long.
My life has been very busy.
I started school in February, for the first time (I've been homeschooled all my life until Feb).
That's been pretty fun, but also hectic, with all the homework and whatnot.
I'm going to the cinema to see "Cinderella" with some friends tomorrow, I'm so excited!!!
My dance concert went really well. It was a really long day, but lots of fun!
Also, I got into Lolita fashion recently.
For those of you who don't know, Lolita fashion is a fashion style that originated in Japan in the 90's. It has some rather Victorian modesty guidelines for wearing the fashion, such as:
- Skirts cannot be any shorter than just above the knee, and no longer than mid-calf. (unless, of course, it is a ballgown)
- Necklines cannot show cleavage.
- Heels can be no more than 2 inches in height, but flats are not generally worn.
- Clothing must have sleeves. (or you can wear a cardigan over the top or blouse underneath if you're wearing a JSK (short for Jumper skirt))
- Legs are generally covered with stockings or long socks, but sometimes frilly ankle socks may be worn.
Right now, I only own one Lolita JSK, but I'm going to make a dress for Easter, and hopefully a proper blouse to go underneath the JSK, and maybe buy some proper Lolita shoes.
So far I make all my Lolita stuff, because it's really expensive to buy, and I don't earn much money. Plus, then I get an end result that fits me perfectly, and I can customise it however I want to.
Okay, now this is just turning into a post about Lolita stuff, I'd better get back on topic.
I started Tap dancing this year. It's lots of fun, and I'm really enjoying it!
My class is learning the "Boogie Woogie" to perform in our concert this year.
It's a great dance.
My friends are attempting to teach me a Rock n' Roll dance that they did in a concert a couple of years ago.
It's a bit hard to remember, but it has lots of Charleston kicks, which are fun!
Last Sunday, some of my friends came over to visit. I hadn't seen them in seven and a half years, and we had a great time catching up together! I really wish they lived nearby so we could see them more often.
What's been going on in your world lately? Let me know in the comments below!